9/11 observances: Moments of silence to start 12th year since terror attacks
- Moments of silence on 9/11 anniversary around NY (mysanantonio.com)
- Moments of silence on 9/11 anniversary around NY (newsday.com)
- Chafee calls for 9/11 moment of silence (wpri.com)
- Moment of silence in RI to mark 9/11 anniversary (sfgate.com)
- A list of Sept 11 commemorations at 3 crash sites (miamiherald.com)
For the 12th consecutive September 11, many Americans will fall silent at 8:46 a.m. Wednesday.
Twelve years after terrorists killed 2,977 people — beginning with American Airlines Flight 11’s crash into the north tower of the World Trade Center at 8:46 a.m. on September 11, 2001 — observances are planned at the sites of the disasters.
In what has become a tradition, family members of victims of both the 2001 and 1993 attacks on the World Trade Center will read names of their loved ones at a ceremony at the 9/11 Memorial Plaza in New York. The 9/11 attack killed 2,753 people in New York, including 403 police and firefighters. The 1993 bombing killed six people.
Moments of silence will mark the 8:46 a.m. impact and the 9:03 a.m. crash of United Airlines Flight 175 into the World Trade Center south tower.
Political figures will not speak at the New…
View original post 131 more words